WHAT IS PHARM.D
Product to patient is the slogan of PharmD.India was emerging as a major destination for medical tourism,clinical research and new drug development.It was both opportunity and threat to the pharmacy profession.Opportunity in terms of the influx of revenue and threat because of the expected knowledge ,expertise, competence and innovation skill from the pharmacist,who constitutes one of the core resources of the health care team an was fully equipped.Besides Indian graduate seeking oversees opportunities suddenly found that their qualification was no longer recognized for practising in certain countries,Thus their dreams are curtailed.This was present qualification did not provide training to the pharmacists to meet the ever changing needs of health care profession.IPA president Dr.B.Suresh gives above valuable guidelines about PharmD.He also enlightened the jobs opportunity that with so many clinical research management projects coming to the India there is a huge job potential in waiting for PharmD professionals.At the end he conclude that PharmD programme will equip our pharmacy professional and provide them with much needed intellectual capital to compete with the world pharmacy professionals.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Indian Health Ministry vide dt 13th March 2008 has apporoved the Pharm.D regulation.
It will change the scenario of Pharmacy education in the country. Although Pharm. D had been introduced in the US way back in 1955 it took more than half century for India ti realize the inherent advantage of this programme.
PROGRAMME OF PHARM.D
Pharm.D (Doctor in Pharmacy)
Duration : 6 Years ( 5 Years of Study and one year Internship)
Eligibility : 1. A pass in 10 +2 examination with physics and chemistry compulsory
subjects along with either Mathematics or Biology (Botany or Zoology).
2. A pass in D.Pharm
Pharm. D (Post Baccalaureate)
Duration : 3 Years( 2 Years of Study and one year Internship)
Eligibility : A pass in B.Pharm Degree Course.
For 6 year course 5 years of clinical and community based theory with ward rounds and the final year internship in hospitals.The ward rounds and internship will provide immense opportunities to familiarize themselves with the practical know-how of clinical evaluation of day to day real life challenges of patient care.
Jobs for Pharm.D Professionals
There so many clinical research management projects coming to the India there is a huge job potential in waiting for PharmD professionals.
List of colleges in India providing Pharm.D (Doctor in Pharmacy)
Colleges in Andhra Pradesh
- Raghavendra Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ananthapur
- Smt. Sarojini Ramulamma College of Pharmacy
- St. Peters Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hanmakonda
- Talla Padmavathi College of Pharmacy, Warangal
- Bharat Institute of Technology, Hyderabad.
- Sri Venkateswara Colege of Pharmacy, Hyderabad
- Deccan School of Pharmacy, Hyderabad.
- .Ramakrishna Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Coimbatore
- Ramachandra College of Pharmacy, Chennai
- Vel’s College of Pharmacy, Chennai
- Annamalai University, Chidambaram
- SRM College of Pharmacy, Kanchi
- J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ooty
- PSE College of Pharmacy, Coimbatore
- J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Mysore
- N.E.T College of Pharmacy, Raichur
- Krupanidhi College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal
- Vishweshwarapura Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bangalore
- M.S. Ramaiah College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
KERALA, MAHARASHTRA, MADHYA PRADESH one in each state
- Al Shilfa college of Pharmacy,Perinthalmanna